Thursday, April 28, 2011

Zack Fielding









Artist’s Statement


          I chose to recreate an old tee-ball photo that my mom dug up and emailed to me.  I was discussing the project with my mom and we talked about a number of different photos we have of when I was younger.  I decided that the comb-over was definitely a requirement for the project since that was one physical characteristic that described my younger years.
          In order to recreate this photo I obviously had to shave my beard and sideburns.  I then found a shirt that matched the picture and a tee-ball bat.  I then combed my hair over and told my girlfriend to “make my hair look like this”.  My hair in the photo was messy and standing up in the back, so I tried to recreate that look.  It did not come out very clear in the picture because my girlfriend is short and I am much taller than I was, so the camera angle isn’t exactly the same.  I tried to match up the grip of my hands on the bat as well.  One of the interesting parts to recreate was the smirk and look on my face in the original picture.  I don’t know what I was thinking in that picture twenty years ago and without knowing that it was hard to replicate the smirk.  This project was a lot of fun to do, and received laughs from friends and family when I shared it with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment