Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Photo Project Section C Heidi



Artist Statement by Rachel Rinella

I chose a photo from when I was 8 years old with my new kitten, Chloe. My aunt’s cat recently had kittens and she promised me one of the females. When I found out there was one female born, I was so excited I immediately started brainstorming names and came up with Chloe before I even saw her. When Chloe was finally allowed to come home with me, she was my best friend. I insisted on doing a photo shoot with Chloe and this is one of the many photographs of me posing with my new kitten. I chose this photo because I thought it would be fun to recreate this image with my same cat 12 years later and see how we changed. The photo was pretty easy to recreate because my location and outfit were simple. I wore a white tank top and jean shorts while holding my cat in the entryway of my house by the front door. Since my cat was no longer a kitten, it was harder to hold her in the same position. The lighting of the original photograph was also hard to recreate because the background was so dark. I really enjoyed doing this project because I was reminded of many fun memories while looking back at all of my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment